I’m from the Midwest so this is a hotdish to us (casserole for some!) and all credit to this recipe and idea goes to my husband! This is the best comfort meal for a chilly winter day and it’s so simple. I love that I can prep it during nap time for a seamless dinner later that night. Our daughter also loves this meal so that’s a huge win plus it makes great leftovers!
- 16oz ground chicken (beef or turkey could also work depending on preference)
- 2 cans of cream of chicken (we enjoy the Pacific Foods brand, *gluten free)
- 1 can of green beans
- 1 can of pees and carrots mixed
- 32oz of tater tots (you’ll use 3/4 of it)
- Salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder
- Start by cooking your ground chicken on the stovetop, season with salt, pepper, paprika and garlic powder, add 1/4 cup of water halfway through to keep it from getting over dry.
- Meanwhile, spray your crockpot with oil and add in the two cans of cream of chicken, one can of green beans, and one can of carrot and pea mixture. Feel free to add extra veggies too! The more the better!
- Once your chicken is cooked, combine it into the crockpot with your mixture.
- Line the top with full size tater tots, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours
- Optional: just before serving boil on low on your oven to crisp up tater tots (only a few minutes is needed!)
- We enjoy serving with a buttered roll!
- P.S. this would be great with corn added too, we just leave it out because we don’t serve full corn kernels to our daughter yet!
TIP: you’ll want to use a casserole style crockpot for this otherwise you can use a baking dish in the oven if you don’t want to prep mid day. Our crockpot style can be shopped HERE.
By clicking and/or purchasing items via certain links on this site and across related social media platforms, I may receive a commission. All thoughts and opinions are my own.