Cooking has been such an outlet for me lately. Exploring cookbooks or creating my own dishes (like this one!) has been so fun and fulfilling. As always, I’ll skip right to it but what you need to understand is that the key to this salad bowl (and any salad I make) is to build it in such a way that you hardly know the lettuce is there. The more toppings, the more satisfying. Enjoy!
- Seasonal greens (I used Revol Greens Living Green Leaf Lettuce, local MN grown) tonight and it was 10/10 fresh.
- 1 Green Apple
- 2 Sweet Potatoes, diced
- Feta Cheese
- 1 avocado
- 7 Whole Grains Rice Packet (I used Seeds of Change Brand)
- Salad Topper (ours has dried cranberries, glazed pecans, and pepitas)
- Dressing: Juice 1 lemon, 3 tbsp avocado oil, salt, pepper, lemon pepper to taste.
- Dice up your sweet potatoes and toss them in oil, a dash of cumin, salt, pepper and paprika. We air fried ours for 15 minutes on 350 degrees, tossing halfway through.
- While the potatoes are cooking, wash and prep your greens, pop your rice mix in to cook, chop up your green apple, and prep your avocado.
- Layer your greens at the base, add your cooked sweet potatoes, cooked rice mixture, apple, avocado, feta cheese, and salad topper.
- Mix up your dressing and drizzle over your harvest bowl.
- P.S. this would be great with chicken too!