My mom and I have started trying new recipes every time she visits. We made a yummy dinner, delicious dessert and then this egg bake on Sunday morning, which actually blew us away. It was so good, I couldn’t even get a photo before diving in.
- Vegetable oil spray
- 12 fully cooked chicken sausage links, diced into circles
- One 32-ounce container of frozen diced hash brown potatoes
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh green onion
- 2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup minced chives for topping
- Olive oil for frying
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- In a large skillet – add olive oil, frozen hash browns, and diced (fully cooked) chicken sausage and cook until tender. Season lightly with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Meanwhile – in a large bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, milk, garlic power, paprika, salt, and pepper. Whisk in shredded cheese and fresh green onion.
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with vegetable oil spray and line bottom evenly with cooked hash brown and sausage mixture. Pour egg mixture over the top evenly.
- Bake until the top is brown and eggs are fully set and thoroughly cooked, about 45 minutes. Cover baking dish with foil if the top begins to brown before the center is set.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle chives on top for serving.
*Serves 6-10 people
Feel free to mix it up and add in extras like fresh peppers, tomatoes, white onion, etc! This really was so simple and delicious (and I don’t even like egg bake usually!) It would make a GREAT breakfast if you have company over and is best served same day (but we enjoyed leftovers the next day personally!)