This recipe is not necessarily “healthy” but it certainly gives you all of the comfort you may need! I used a combination of multiple recipes I found, and made it gluten free by swapping a few ingredients and reading labels for gluten free versions of needed ingredients as well!
- 32 ounces Chicken Broth (be sure to use one labeled gluten free)
- 2 cups milk of choice (we used unsweetened almond milk!)
- 6 large russet potatoes (but really, the more the better!)
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 5 celery sticks
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp gluten free flour
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder
- Top with chopped green onion and sharp white cheddar cheese
- Prep your potatoes, celery and onion by cutting them to your desired size
- Bring chicken broth, potatoes, celery, onion and seasoning to a boil
- Reduce heat to medium/low and let cook until potatoes are almost tender (about 20 minutes)
- Slowly add milk, cream cheese, and shredded cheese while mixing in.
- Simmer on low for 30 minutes, stirring often.
- Add toppings and serve!
*Serves 6-8 people